If You Do Not Agree with Your Assessed Value
All property owners have the right to a review of their property assessment. The process by which assessments may be challenged involves the following three options:
- Informal Hearing
- For questions about your Preliminary Assessment Notification or the informal review process, please contact ENPM at (585) 532-5090.
- To Schedule an Informal Hearing call (585) 935-5035. Deadline to schedule informal hearings is April 7, 2023.
- Submit informal documentation via email at email@example.com (preferred), via USPS- Attention: Reassessment, ENPM, Inc. 2440 Sheridan Dr., Suite 100, Tonawanda, NY 14150 or fax to (716) 558-2825.
- Formal Grievance Process
- Small Claims Court
Note: The Informal Review does not take the place of the Formal Grievance Application.
Formal Grievances can be filed at the Assessor's Office between May 1st and 8:00 p.m. on the 4th Tuesday of May. Once a grievance is received in the Assessor’s Office, you can schedule an appointment to appear before the Board of Assessment Review. You are not required to appear and can submit a grievance for review only. More information on the formal grievance procedure is provided below:
- General Information and Instructions for Filing a Grievance (RP-524-Ins) (PDF)
- Grievance Application (RP-524) (PDF) - Irondequoit requests that you submit five sets of the application with documentation. 1 original set, plus 4 copies for the Board of Assessment Review.
- How to File For a Review of Your Assessment - A Guide for Property Owners
- Contesting your assessment in New York State (PDF)
Guidance Regarding Comparable Sales & Time Adjustments
The sales books provided below are the valid sales that occurred in town that were used to determine assessments. Sales dated between 11/1/2019-12/31/2022 were used. If you find sales using other sources, please cross reference them to make sure they are valid. INVALID sales include: estate, trust, foreclosure, short, flips or not listed on the Multiple Listing Service.
**Please note the sale books below provide the sale price, rather than the time adjusted sale price. These sales should be time adjusted as that is how the mass valuation modeling handles them when developing market value.
What does a time adjustment mean? It is an estimate of what a sale that occurred before or after the valuation date would sell for on the valuation date (July 1, 2022). This adjustment is determined by analyzing sales that have occurred in the market. The State of NY assigns a trend each year to every town. For the purpose of this reassessment the time adjustments made to sales were calculated as follows: 11/1/2019 through 12/31/2020-adjustment 8%, 1/1/2021 through 12/31/2021-adjustment 8%, 1/1/2022 through 12/31/2022-adjustment 10%.
The perfect sale occurring on July 1, 2022 would have no time adjustment. Sales occurring 11/2019 through 6/2022 would have adjustments between +21% through +1%. Sales occurring between 8/2022 and 12/22 would have adjustments between -1% through -4%.
Home Sales List
To use the Irondequoit Home Sales-List you will need your neighborhood code. View an alphabetical list of streets with neighborhood codes (PDF).
View a town map with neighborhood codes (PDF).